Saturday, May 28, 2011

Progress report, Day 8

First of all, I want to thank everybody who has commented here and on twitter with supporitve words, it really does help. I think things have been going very well.  I've done very well on getting up in the morning (which is huuuuge for me), exercising, and getting started on work.  It feels fabulous to start the day so early.


FriSatSunMonTueWedThuFriSat
Goal5/205/215/225/235/245/255/265/275/28
Get out of bed at 6 AM.12!12345
Get in bed, lights out, by 10 PM12!!!!!
First thing in morning exercise 20 min+.12345678
Second thing is to get started work 5 min+.12345678
Nighttime routine starting at 8 PM1


However, the habit I have not been keeping is going to bed by 10.  This means that I've really not been getting enough sleep, so I am tired all of the time (except first thing in the morning and when with friends).  I am proud of myself for getting up and exercising despite not having enough sleep, but I don't think this is sustainable.  However, I either have trouble falling asleep at 10 or I have resistance to stopping whatever I am doing to sleep.  So I've decided, for now, to let go of that particular goal.  I "retired" it.  Instead, my new goal is to have an everning routine in place that will make it easier to get to bed.  At 8pm every day, I plan to shut off the internet.  This will make me less likely to spend time on the computer, and I've noticed that the light of the screen really keeps me up, plus I tend to stay up late browsing on the internet.  This also means trying to get my work done earlier in the day.  After brushing & flossing, I'll engage in actiities that help me to relax but don't keep me awake, like TV, reading (non-ficiton), and lying in bed listening to podcasts (I like "this american life" and language podcasts). 

So far so good.  I fell asleep around 10:30 last night.

My next goals are to increase social time & adventures.  Also, I am thinking about doing Habitspark Diet Foundations starting June 6th http://www.habitspark.com/forums/threads/habitspark-diet-foundations.54/

No comments:

Post a Comment